Friday 27 November 2009

Readers Lake - 19/11/09


I arrived at the lake at 08:00 to find two other anglers already fishing but thankfully my favourite swim (13) was still free. I set up a small Porkies elasticated method feeder as usual but this time I incorporated a small piece of tungsten tubing into my rig to help pin the mainline down in the choppy conditions. The bait of choice was the ever reliable three grains of corn on a hair which has been responsible for catching me more fish than I can remember at Readers this year.

Because of the wind I set the tip so it was almost touching the water and waited for the inevitable wrap round bite that usually happens when fishing the method. Within half an hour of dropping my feeder near the island I was into my first Carp of the day, the Carp in Readers had certainly been getting themselves ready for winter as though it only weighed 4 lb it was solid and fought like a fish of twice its size.

For regular readers of this blog you may recall me catching a new personal best Crucian from Readers a few weeks back and my second fish of the day broke my P.B yet again with this 1 lb 6 ounce specimen.
From that point on bites and fish came thick and fast and I decided to call it a day at 14:00 having caught six Carp to 11 lb plus one Crucian, not a bad haul for six hours fishing especially when the two other anglers on the lake had only managed one Carp between them.

The one disappointment of the day was that I also lost a decent Tench at the net but that's fishing I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment